What will I write about?
This is the the easy part! Politics have long been a passion of mine and it's no secret to anyone who knows me that I sit on the Right side of the room. I graduated Ball State University with a degree in Political Science in 2002, but luckily I wasn't influenced much by the far left academics (mostly because I wasn't paying attention in the first place). My degree proves that I am highly proficient in the skill of taking multiple choice tests.
Before the 2008 election, I was pretty much ambivalent toward politics, politicians, and the whole circus. Cynical is probably a better word. But then something happened that lit a fire under my ass. My father-in-law gave me a copy of the FairTax book by Neal Boortz. It completely changed the way I view politicans, taxation, political philosophy and the power that politicians love to keep things the way they are. From there I set out to keep learning, keep reading, stay informed and get involved to the extent that I can.
Here is what you can expect from The Conservative Trucker:
- Current events with a conservative twist (Yes I'm biased, get over it. At least I can admit it).
- Calling out of mainstream media (MSM) bias.
- Calling out of out of control government spending and overreach.
- Calling out politicians and public policy that undermines our liberty.
- Calling out of taxation and economic policy that undermines private property rights.
- Calling out big government when it intrudes into our private lives.
- Calling out any undermining of the Constitution, the greatest document of freedom the world has ever known.
- Calling out of unneeded government intervention in foreign conflicts.
- General hilarity.